TEAM DIABETES OF SECOND LIFE SUPPORTS NATIONAL DIABETES MONTH
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOVEMBER 4, 2016
November is National Diabetes month! During this month, The American Diabetes Association uses the media to draw attention to diabetes awareness, prevention, treatments, and support mechanisms that are available to everyone.
This November, Team Diabetes of Second Life is joining National Diabetes month with several events planned:
- November 1 to 30 – The Red Hunt in support of Team Diabetes of Second Life-http://www.teamdiabetesofsecondlife.org/the-red-hunt.html
- November 4-National Diabetes Packets distributed via our group
- November 4 to 30-Live Healthy Tips
- November 15 to 30-Art Gacha in support of Team Diabetes of Second Life-http://www.teamdiabetesofsecondlife.org/art-gacha-event.html
- November 20, 2016-3pm slt to 4pm slt-November & December Art Exhibition opening at The Red Gallery featuring live performer Melenda Mikael-http://www.teamdiabetesofsecondlife.org/the-red-gallery.html
- November 27, 2016-1pm to 2pm slt-The Red Ball, sponsored by Ghee and featuring live performer Mimi Carpenter
A free National Diabetes information pack will be available at the Team Diabetes of Second Life’s official office at the Nonprofit Commons complex. This pack will include awareness, prevention, and treatment information from the American Diabetes and goodies for Second Life avatars!
About Team Diabetes of Second life
Team Diabetes of Second Life is an official and authorised fund-raiser for the American Diabetes Association in Second Life. Established with the aim of raising funds in support of diabetes treatment and to raise awareness of the disease in SL, Team Diabetes of Second Life was founded by Jessi2009 Warrhol and John Brianna (Johannes1977 Resident), and is served by an advisory board comprising Eleseren Brianna, Veruca Tammas, Sandie Loxingly, Rob Fenwitch, Earth Nirvana and Dawnbeam Dreamscape, with Saiyge Lotus serving as a special advisor.
About The American Diabetes Association:
The American Diabetes Association’s mission is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. The American Diabetes Association leads the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fights for those affected by diabetes by funding research to prevent, cure, and manage diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association delivers services to hundreds of communities and provides objective and credible information and resources about diabetes.
Free resources are available in English and Spanish at http://www.diabetes.org and 1-800-DIABETES (1-800-342-2382).
For More Information:
http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?px=11304578&fr_id=11331&pg=personal (The official American Diabetes Association page for Team Diabetes of Second Life)
http://www.idf.org/membership/meet-our-members (Website to find diabetes information in your home country)
One thought on “National Diabetes Month Events in Second Life!”
Reblogged this on KULTIVATE MAGAZINE.