2017 Team Diabetes of SL Fundraising Guidelines
We would like to thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraising event for Team Diabetes of SL! We have developed guidelines to help your event run smoothly as possible. Some of the items below may or may not pertain to your event. We ask that the event host review the guidelines to make sure that they have the necessary information to host a successful event, while supporting the Team Diabetes mission and maintaining the appropriate image for our organization
Event Promotion & Logo Usage:
- You cannot use any official trademarked American Diabetes Association logo for any items you sell, giveaway, raffle, auction etc or any event you promote for Team Diabetes of SL.
- You cannot use any official trademarked American Diabetes Association logo on any promotional materials or social media websites for any personal event you are either hosting or promoting
- You can use the provided Team Diabetes of SL logo for items you sell, giveaway, raffle, or auction or for any event you promote for Team Diabetes of SL. You can also use the provided Team Diabetes of SL logo on any promotional materials or social media websites for any personal event you are either hosting or promoting.
- All promotional materials should be clear and list that your event is raising funds for Team Diabetes of SL, an official and authorized team of The American Diabetes Association and is not an event organized by Team Diabetes of SL.
- All fundraising promotional materials must be PG or G rated in nature and be free of any copyrighted trademarks and not infringe on intellectual property.
- All Team Diabetes of SL fundraisers must have 100% of the proceeds going to Team Diabetes of SL via an official Team Diabetes of SL vendor or kiosk
- All Team Diabetes of SL vendors and kiosks must be in tasteful and pg/g rated locations.
- Adult establishments and adult sims can have Team Diabetes of SL vendors and kiosks in areas that are free of adult content, behavior, and activity.
- Team Diabetes of SL cannot and will not reimburse event hosts for any fees incurred for hosting a fundraising.
- All donations are non refundable as they go to the Team Diabetes of SL administrative alt
- Tax receipts are not provided via in SL vendors or kiosks. If you require a tax receipt, please donate via our official American Diabetes Association fundraising page: http://main.diabetes.org/goto/teamdiabetessl. The online American Diabetes Association website only accepts credit cards at this time and not paypal or bank drafts.
In-Kind donations/sponsorships are those in which an item or service is donated. Team Diabetes of SL does not provide receipts for in-kind donations. All In-Kind donations/sponsorships will be reviewed individually before they are accepted. Team Diabetes of SL will not solicit creators, designers, scripts etc on your behalf for any in-kind donations/sponsorships for non Team Diabetes of SL ran and organized fundraising events.
Gaming sims and establishments can hold fundraisers, provided they hold a fundraiser away from any gaming machines or activities. The same logo and fundraising guidelines still apply to any gaming sim and establishment.
Public Fundraising Events:
These type of events are events which can be promoted via official Team Diabetes of SL groups, websites, and social media outlets. These events follow all of our guidelines and are pg/g in nature in terms of behavior, content, and location. These type of events also include any and all avatars, including non human and child avatars.
Private Fundraising Events:
Team Diabetes of SL does realize that Second Life contains many diverse and mature communities. With this in mind we do have the option for a private fundraiser. These type of fundraisers cannot be advertised via official Team Diabetes of SL groups, websites, and social media outlets. These events do not have to include any and all avatars as they are private events. These type of fundraisers cannot be advertised as an official Team Diabetes of SL fundraiser.
Team Red Event Fundraisers:
Team Red events are events which may be multi sim or multi vendor events. These events are large scale events which are organized by a person who is chosen by the Team Diabetes of SL Coordinator and Advisory Board. These events may be established SL events or entirely new events created at the request of the Team Diabetes of SL Coordinator and Advisory Board. These guidelines are provided to the coordinator of a Team Red Event and will differ from our regular guidelines.